A nice bouquet of flowers can light up an environment and put a smile on people’s faces. Flowers are beautiful plants that hold so much symbolism and cultural history. It is quite easy to feel confused when faced with a bouquet of flowers that need to be arranged. Whether you’re sending flowers to a loved one for their birthday or surprising your partner with a lovely bouquet for your anniversary, the arrangement of the bouquet is extremely important. Therefore, this article is here to walk you through the steps and teach you how to arrange a bouquet of roses.
Contrary to popular belief, roses do not rise from the soil looking all prim, proper, and stunning. Don’t get confused, roses are still beautiful even when they’re in the dirt, but just like diamonds, they shine better when they’re polished. To arrange a bouquet of roses you need the following items;
- A vase
- Shears (or really sharp scissors)
- A preservative
- Thorn stripper
Now that you have your items ready here’s how to arrange a bouquet of roses.
- Make sure you select a vase that is half the length of your roses so your roses can shine in full bloom.
- When you’re purchasing your roses, try to select a mix of colors, perhaps some white and red roses to spice things up. (This is not mandatory; you can still follow this tutorial with all red roses.) If you are picking these roses up from a garden, the best time to cut roses is early in the morning. They’re well-hydrated in the morning.
- Cut the stems off with your shears. Make sure they’re at an angle close to the bottom of the rose bush.
- Immediately after you’ve cut off the stems, place the roses in a bowl or a bucket of water.
- When placing the roses in water make sure their stems are submerged at all times.
- Next, place your roses into the vase, remembering that their stems should be submerged.
- To kill off all bacteria, add a few drops of bleach.
- Next, pick up the thorn stripper, and strip the thorns off the rose. Some people like the look of the thorns while others don’t. This is your choice.
- Once that is done, it’s time for the arrangement. Start with the largest roses, then start adding in smaller roses. This will give it more volume and help you ensure the arrangement looks even and symmetrical.
- To make the roses stick together, you can tape them together at the bottom or use a rubber band to hold them together. If they’re in a vase, this step is not necessary. This is only necessary when you’re making a bouquet arrangement
- Consider purchasing some flower preservatives to make them last longer. If you purchased the roses from a store, they should come with preservatives.
- To wrap up your bouquet, you can purchase some fancy paper or simple brown paper. Finally, stick a note amongst the petals to make it even more heartfelt.